Solar Eclipse Prime Page
Hybrid Solar Eclipse of 2013 Nov 03
The Hybrid Solar Eclipse of 2013 Nov 03 is visible from the following geographic regions:
- Partial Eclipse: east Americas, south Europe, Africa
- Hybrid Eclipse: Atlantic, central Africa
The map to the right depicts the geographic regions of eclipse visibility. Click on the map to enlarge it. For an explanation of the features appearing in the map, see Key to Solar Eclipse Maps.
The instant of greatest eclipse takes place on 2013 Nov 03 at 12:47:36 TD (12:46:29 UT1). This is 2.9 days before the Moon reaches perigee. During the eclipse, the Sun is in the constellation Libra. The synodic month in which the eclipse takes place has a Brown Lunation Number of 1124.
The eclipse belongs to Saros 143 and is number 23 of 72 eclipses in the series. All eclipses in this series occur at the Moons ascending node. The Moon moves southward with respect to the node with each succeeding eclipse in the series and gamma decreases.
The solar eclipse of 2013 Nov 03 is one of the rare hybrid solar eclipses. In this particular case the eclipse path starts out as annular but later changes to total. It is a relatively long hybrid eclipse with a duration at greatest eclipse of 01m40s. The eclipse magnitude is 1.0159, while Gamma has a value of 0.3272.
The hybrid solar eclipse of 2013 Nov 03 is preceded two weeks earlier by a penumbral lunar eclipse on 2013 Oct 18.
These eclipses all take place during a single eclipse season.
The eclipse predictions are given in both Terrestrial Dynamical Time (TD) and Universal Time (UT1). The parameter ΔT is used to convert between these two times (i.e., UT1 = TD - ΔT). ΔT has a value of 67.2 seconds for this eclipse.
The following links provide maps and data for the eclipse.
- Orthographic Map: Hybrid Solar Eclipse of 2013 Nov 03 - detailed map of eclipse visibility
- Animated Map: Hybrid Solar Eclipse of 2013 Nov 03 - animated map of the Moon's shadows across Earth
- Google Map: Hybrid Solar Eclipse of 2013 Nov 03 - interactive map of the eclipse path
- Path Table: Hybrid Solar Eclipse of 2013 Nov 03 - coordinates of the central line and path limits
- Circumstances Table: Hybrid Solar Eclipse of 2013 Nov 03 - eclipse times for hundreds of cities
- Saros 143 Table - data for all eclipses in the Saros series
The tables below contain detailed predictions and additional information on the Hybrid Solar Eclipse of 2013 Nov 03 .